29.2.12

Milani Powder Blush - Luminous & Temptation

I never heard about this brand until I read somewhere that one of their blusher is a great dupe for NARS Orgasm. Not that I'm planning to get that. I could never justified myself to spend $30 for a single blush, I'm not one of those blush addicts (yet, LOL).

It turns out that there are so many great review about Milani, including their blushes, eyeshadows, and eyeliners. So I decided to try the famous Luminous blush, which is the NARS Orgasm dupe; and Temptation blush, a dupe for NARS Sin.


Temptation (left) and Luminous (right)



Temptation is a beautiful true plum color, and it's my favourite blush so far. It matches my medium skin tone perfectly, and give me an elegant mature look. It look matte but actually has subtle gold shimmer.Yes, it looks ugly on the pan but turns gorgeus on my cheeks. I think it's perfect for a formal occasion or a night-out. I could wear it everyday though but with a neutral eye and lip color, or it would be too much. I don't know how it would look on people with fairer skin than me, but for a medium to dark skin, this is a perfect must have color.

Luminous is a beautiful peach color with gold shimmer that looks amazing, both on the pan and cheeks. I think it will suit most skintones, but I'm not sure if this would show up on people with dark skin. It gives me a nice healthy glow, and it helps brighten up my face. The shimmer is very visible and produce a duochrome color.



Both of the blushes were nicely pigmented, and not powdery at all. But sadly these blushes don't last pretty long on my cheeks, 3 hours tops even with a face primer. But it will last longer if you use cream blush as a base. The price tag is only $3.99 each at beautyjoint. It think this line has been discontinued and replaced with the mineral line, which is more expensive. So, better grab these while they last.

Swatch: Temptation, heavy (left) - blended (right)



Swatch: Luminous, heavy (left) - blended (right)



Ingredients:
• Luminous:
Talc, Phenyl Trimethicone, Polymethylmethacrylate, Zinc Stearate, Methylparaben, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Propylparaben, Butylparaben, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocopherol, Anthemis Nobilis Flower Extract, Glycine Soja Oil (Soybean), Diethyl Phthalate, Red 7 Lake, May Contain (+/-): Mica, Iron Oxides, Titanium Dioxide, Manganese Violet, Red 30 Lake, Red 6, Ultramarines, Bismuth Oxychloride, Red 21 Lake, Carmine

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...