24.2.12

Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter - Lollipop

Perhaps Revlon is the most famous drugstore makeup brand in the world. Even when I had no idea what makeup is, except for lipstick, I've heard about Revlon. But unfortunately, this brand rarely catch my attention with their products. I know there are some rave products from them like the Colorstay liquid eyeliner, or the liquid foundation, but I was always hesitate to try them. I had a bad experience with their blush and eyeshadow once, the pigmentation was terrible and won't show up on my skin at all.

Well enough rambling. When all the hype about their latest product, Colorburst Lip Butter, was all over the web, I couldn't help myself to join in. I'm allergic to most lip color product but since it's a lip butter, not a lipstick, I think my lips should be okay.





Fortunately my feelings was right. This product is very much like a lipstick, but very moisturizing. But in the other hand, the color is a little sheer, not as bold as the Colorburst lipstick. Some color won't even show up in my pigmented lips at all. That's why I decided to get the Lollipop shade, an opaque bright fuschia pink with silver glitters (don't worry, the glitters won't show up on your lips). It is very pretty but can easily get over the top in my medium skin tone. I usually dab it carefully on my lips instead of rubbing it to avoid looking like a 3 years old playing with her mom's lipstick. I think it would look very hip on people with fair skin.



Swatch:


I purchased this for 75.000 idr (US$8) on my local Revlon counter. Although the price is affordable but you only get a small amount of product. See the picture below? The lip butter is only 1.5cm long (2.55g). So this one won't last you very long. It would be a great addition to your lip color stash though, they have 20 different shades (!).




Ingredients:
Polybutene, Bis Diglyceryl Polyacyladipate 2, Tridecyl Trimelitate, Octyldodecanol, Petrolatum, Hydrogenated Polydecene, Neopentyl Glycol Dithylhexanoate, Simmondsia Chinensis (Jojoba) Seed Oil, Polyethylene, Ozokerite, Cetyl PEG/PPG 10/1 Dimethicone, Calcium Sodium Borosilicate, Hexyl Laurate, Polyglyceryl 4 Isostearate, Cera Alba (Beeswax), Zinc Ricinoleate, Squalane, Silica, Butyrospermum Parkii (Shea Butter), Mangifera Indica (Mango) Seed Butter, Palmitoyl Oligopeptide, Tocopheryl Acetate, Cocos Nucifera (Coconut) Oil, Synthetic Wax, Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Dimethicone/Bis Isobutyl PPG 20 Crosspolymer, Isodecyl Neopentanoate, Tribehenin, Sorbitan Isostearate, Fragrance, BHT, Caprylyl Glycol, 1,2 Hexanediol, May Contain (+/-):, Mica, Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Yellow 5 Lake (CI 19140), Red 7 Lake (CI 15850), Yellow 6 Lake (CI 15985), Red 33 Lake (CI 17200), Carmine (CI 75470), Blue 1 Lake (CI 42090), Red 6 Lake (CI 15850)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...