5.12.11

Dr Bronners Almond Liquid Castile Soap

I'm still searching for my HG body wash brand. It must be SLS - paraben -EDTA/TEA free, since I use it daily. Had tried Burt's Bee (of course) and a local organic brand called Green Mommy, but still not very satisfied.

This brand have a lot of hype in the US. It's so famous that they make a movie about the founder: Dr Bronner. So when ASOS sell this on sale, only £5.85 for 8 oz of liquid soap, i have to try it.



I bought the almond variant, although their peppermint is the best seller one. I wanted to try the peppermint at first but it probably not a good idea since I live in a cold city. Can you imagine taking a cold shower in the morning with a peppermint soap? Brrr...

I choose the almond because it has the highest rating in makeupalley, and someone said it smells like marzipan, yummm. It does smell like marzipan, so I'm glad that I made the right choice.



I have no idea why they stated this soap in 18-in-one because I couldn't find those 18 purposes in the website. But they say that you can use this soap for body wash, shampoo, toothpaste (what?!), house cleaning, and laundry. I think I'll stick to number one, and as a hand wash. And maybe to clean my makeup brush, because it's gentle enough.





The consistency is clear and runny. It has brown color like umm, almond. The best part is this soap is very concentrated, so you need to dilute before using it. Otherwise, it will be too strong for your skin. I dilute 1 part soap with 3 part of water. Doesn't dry out my skin, make me feels clean and fresh after showering. Plus it lathers well. So if I bought a 8 oz bottle, that means I got 32 oz of liquid soap haha! I guess this would last very long. This is not my HG yet, but now I have a 32 oz of soap to finish before searching for a new one.

Oh, I forgot to mention that this Dr Bronner guy is very eccentric. He was an european jew who was forced to move to US in World War period. His family was a soap maker, so he continue the family bussiness there, and became very success. Yeah, his life was tragic, but why on earth do he need to put these moral preach on the packaging -which I couldn't understand any of them.



Ingredients:
Water, Organic Coconut Oil*, Potassium Hydroxide**, Organic Olive Oil*, Organic Hemp Oil, Organic Jojoba Oil, Natural Almond Fragrance, Citric Acid, Tocopherol

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...