1.12.11

Burt's Bee Beeswax lip balm tin

I have a mixed feeling about this lip balm. It was my first Burt's Bee product, the beginning of my long term relationship with this brand. It's also their signature product and 100% natural.



I love it's vintage packaging. Easy to open, and pretty enough to keep after the product ran out. When I first tried it, the strong peppermint shock me (yes shock). I have no idea why someone put peppermint on a lip balm. It's like you put a mint toothpaste on your lips.
However I get used to it and begin to love it.

What I really hate is it's texture. It's freakin damn hard. As hard as a chapstick but they put it in a tin. It's almost impossible to get the product, I've tried with my fingers and a lip brush, but didn't get as many product as I wish and didn't show any sign of melting (FYI I'm a lip balm abuser). I end up scooping it with my nails, yes ewww, because it's the only way to use it.

The balm itself is a lot nicer than those chemical balm that feel very plasticky on your lips. But it didn't do anything to my dry lips. It didn't moisturized nor absorb to my lips. It just sitted there and give a weird white cast look.

Anyway, I definitely won't repuchase this but didn't regret for trying it. At least I got a nice tin which I can use once I finish it. Oh, I bought it for US$3 for 8.5g on ebay.

Ingredient:
cera alba (beeswax, cire d'abeille), cocos nucifera (coconut) oil, prunus amygdalus dulcis (sweet almond) oil, mentha piperita (peppermint) oil, lanolin, tocopherol, rosmarinus officinalis (rosemary) leaf extract, glycine soja (soybean) oil, canola oil (huile de colza), limonene

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...