7.3.12

Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-On Cheek Tint - Indecent

Wow, I think this post has the longest title so far.. Anyway, as promised I'll post a review about an item in my last Urban Decay haul.

I think I stated before that I don't really like wearing blushes. Most of them give me an artificial cheek color. But I think, I've found my blush mate.

Urban Decay Afterglow Glide-On Cheek Tint (wheeeww... whatta name!) is a sheer cheek tint that's very easy to blend. I never wear a cheek tint before. It feels lighter than a cream blush, and heavier comparing to a cheek stain.





The name Afterglow comes from the idea of a natural glowing cheek when you wake up in the morning.. I didn't know that you could have a morning glow, except when I woke up in a cold winter and my room heater broke (kidding, we don't have any winter here). Well, you can read the rest of UD's babbling on the back of the box (wouldn't it make a perfect bathroom reading).






The packaging is cute, very edgy. The snake reminds me of the Slytherin symbol from Harry Potter (geek alert LOL). The case feels sturdy, and has a nice quality mirror inside.




I choose Indicent which is a sheer peach color, because I wanted a nude color blush. I don't like to wear an obvious coloured blush, but I don't want to go out with a bare cheeks. I was thinking of getting either this or the Tarte Amazonian Clay Blush in Exposed. But I guess this one could help give me a dewy look in my dry face skin.





The texture feels very nice on my skin, very light almost like a gel. Of course it glides easily too like all UD's glide-on products. I haven't got any problem blending it, unlike other cream blushes I've tried. The only cons is that the price tag is a little bit high, around US$24 (while Tarte blush is US$25). But I don't mind because this is something that I could use everyday. It's also can be wear under any powder blush as a blush primer.





Swatch (left: heavy swatch, right: blended swatch)



I found that's it's better to use a Q-tip to get the product, and apply it on my cheeks. After that, I blend it with my fingers. I think it's the best way to minimize bacteria contamination, so the product could last longer.





Ingredients:
Caprylyl Methicone, Polyethylene, Polymethyl Methacrylate, Caprylic/Capric Triglyceride, Isohexadecane, Propanediol Dicaprylate, Dimethicone, Cetyl Dimethicone, Stearyl Dimethicone, Polyglyceryl-3 Diisostearate, Stearalkonium Hectorite, Calcium Aluminum Borosilicate,l Silica, Propylene Carbonate, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Ascorbyl Palmitate, Tocophyeryl Acetate, Tin Oxide, Retinol, BHT.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...