18.1.12

NYX Eyebrow Cake Powder - Dark brown/brown

I'm obsessed with this brand lately. Since I sucked at shaping my eyebrow with an eyebrow pencil, and I often only have one arm free for doing my makeup (the other arm is for holding my baby since he rarely let me do my grooming peacefully), so I decided to try this.





It says on the box: "For Those Movie Star Eyebrows". Not sure what that means. I'd love to have JLo eyebrow, but not Joan Rivers fake ones (does she counts as a movie star?). Overall I love this, and it's cheap! Bought it on sale for 60.000 ($7), and it will last like forever.



Here you can see the white wax and the two colour powder, plus two type of brush applicator (which is crap, but I have no other choice). The brown one is too light for my south-east asian medium skin, so I only use the dark brown. They come in several color choices, pick the one that matches your hair colour most. One/two shades lighter than your hair colour if you have dark hair, and darker if you have light hair. But too bad they don't give any instructions on how to use it, so I'm doing what I found best for my eyebrows.

Swatches:

top: dark brown - bottom: brown

Here's how:
• First, take the curly brush to comb your eyebrow hair until they look neat.
• Second, take the colour of your choice and swap it across your natural eyebrows with that tiny-crappy angled brush (or any better angled eyebrow brush that you have)
• Third, set your eyebrows with the curly brush dipped in wax. Be careful though, use only a little wax of a natural look, or you'll look like you just had a permanent eyebrow tattoo (yikes!)
• There you have your movies star eyebrow. Easy eh?

Ingredients: 
Talc, Mica, Magnesium Stearate, Titanium Dioxide, Magnesium Silicate, Mineral Oil, 2-Ethylhexyl Palmitate, Polybutylene, Silicone Oil, Propyl Paraben, Methyl Paraben. MAY CONTAIN: Iron Oxide Black, Ferric Ferrocyanide, Ultramarine Blue, Iron Oxide Yellow, Iron Oxide Red, FD&C Red 40 Al Lake, Manganese Violet, Carmine.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...