25.1.12

Everyday Minerals base - Beige Neutral

If lately you've heard so much about products labeled "organic skin care", then meet its sibling: "mineral makeup". Basically, mineral makeup is a type of makeup made from naturals minerals harvested from earth like zinc oxide, mica, silica, etc. Usually they are free of preservatives or other harmful/allergenic chemical ingredients, so they are a good choice for sensitive/acne prone skin.

The first mineral makeup brand I tried is Everyday Minerals because:
a. They have good reviews for being gentle on all skin type (few break out reported), and proven true on me!
b. Affordable price comparing to the expensive Bare Minerals (bought this from a singapore-based website for S$21 included the shipping cost for 1.7oz of product)
c. Huge selection of colours and finish type
d. No bismuth ingredients



They're available in 4 different formula:
Original Glo, Semi-Matte, Matte, and Intensive. Since I have a dry - combination skin, I tried the original glo first to achieve a dewy look. Well, it did made my face dewy like JLo, but it also oxidized very fast. My face turn orange in 30 minutes (note: I always wear face primer before makeup). So, no to orangey face. After that orange experience, I tried the semi-matte formula and it was perfect. It has more coverage that the ori glo formula, and still have a little shine which brighten up my dull dry skin (but emphasized my oily nose, sigh), and didn't oxidized at all.

As for the huge choice of shade, I finally found that Beige Neutral matches my medium south-east asian skin. I've tried light olive (too light), medium olive (too dark), golden medium (too ashy), and buttery tan (too yellow).



It comes in a white plastic packaging, which I hate because it looks cheap. And it has a shifter jar, which is useless because it won't close and keep re-open by itself, so everytime I open the jar, the product fall all over the cap. I hope they'll work on a better packaging in the future



Swatch: 
(note: after blending it, the powder completetly dissapered into my natural skin tone)




Ingredients:
Mica (CI 77019), Lauroyl Lysine. May Contain: Titanium Dioxide (CI 77891), Zinc Oxide (CI 77947), Iron Oxides (CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499), Ultramarines (CI 77007).


Mica: Is a naturally occurring mineral noted for its transparent sparkly luster.
Lauroyl Lysine: An all-natural amino acid derived from coconut fatty acid, contributing to the products silk like creamy texture and spreadability qualities.
Titanium Dioxide: An inert white mineral that is used as a color adjuster.
Zinc Oxide: An inorganic white powder that is used as a color adjuster.
Iron Oxides: Cosmetic pigments used to add depths of color.
Ultramarines: An inorganic vibrant pigment used to add color.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...