22.11.11

Burt's Bee Lemon butter cuticle cream

Having a baby gives you laughter, joy, and damaged cuticles -- from washing your hands 50 times a day.

If you have experienced a chaffed cuticle, then you know how painful it is. Feels like someone stuck a needle at the edge of your nails. In my case, I can not use any hand cream or other toxic chemical cuticle treatment on my hands as a relief, because --of course-- it could be harmful for my baby.

I wasn't aware of this product until I found a review somewhere, and apparently it's one of Burt's Bee best selling product and it's 100% natural. So what choice do I have? Bought it online from a local seller for 81.000 idr (about US$ 9). I can't wait to get my poor fingers on it as it arrive.






It comes in a vintage tin packaging which was quiet easy to open (those tins can be tricky sometimes). And it smells so yummy! Like fresh sliced lemon, or lemon drops. Not like those fake lemony scent car/room fragrances.
But the cream itself it's not exactly a cream. I would call it a cuticle balm. The texture is hard on the tin, but melt easily with the warmth of your fingers. It's a bit gritty and greasy so you must wait until it absorb on your nails & cuticle before doing anything else. Make sure you wash your hands real clean before using it, because you can transfer dirt to it. Not very hygienic for sure.



Short story says, this cream does its jobs very well. My broken cuticle heals and my nails look healtier. I apply it religiously every night before bed and whenever I need an emergency cuticle rescue. For a 100% natural products that works and smells good, I can't complain much. Available in 17g and travel sizes.

Ingredients
Sweet Almond Oil, Beeswax, Lemon Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate & Tocopherol (Vitamin E), Cocoa Butter, Candelilla Wax, Rosemary Extract, Beta Carotene.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...